An exciting opportunity has arisen at Commodity Inspections
in Navi Mumbai, India
for a SENIOR CHEMIST - INSTRUMENTATION.
As a Senior Chemist – Instrumentation you will be responsible to analyse samples of different (agri) commodities, develop, validate, implement, maintain and coordinate the standard operating procedures.
Are you a systematic, quality- oriented and team spirited individual
and do you want to be part of our international network? Then we are looking for you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Analyse samples in accordance to the established SOPs using instruments such as GC & GC-MS, HPLC, AAS
- Samples may include but not limited: Agri products (Dry & Liquid), Food Grains, Feed, Soil, Water
- Document and process analysis results
- Perform calibration of equipments periodically
- Conduct validation of Heavy metals, Fatty acids, Aflatoxins etc.
- Maintain documentation in accordance to the requirements of ISO 17025
- Coordinate with the documentation desk for the analysis results
- Assist in drafting SOPs
- Manage inventory of various reagents, chemicals and consumables
- Ensure client confidentiality and confidentiality of results is maintained
- Work closely with team members to provide effective solution
Contribute to annual action plan and long-term development to improve lab quality and services
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry or related discipline)
- Post-graduation in Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry would be advantageous
- Overall 5-6 years of experience with minimum 3 years with specified instruments is mandatory
- Team handling experience is an added advantage
- Knowledge and first-hand experience of Instruments GC & GC-MS, HPLC, AAS
- Hands on experience in handling GC for Fatty acid profiling and pesticide residual analysis and HPLC for Aflatoxin analysis related to Food & Agriculture samples
- Good knowledge and working experience as per ISO 17025 & Good Lab Practices (GLP)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office and other necessary software
Our vast expertise in inspection, sampling and supervision enables us to provide worldwide support to our customers across a broad spectrum of disciplines. From government and institution services and draught surveys through to weight and quantity determination – we provide our clients with the right solution, tailored to their needs.
We also offer:
- Multinational organization environment
- Excellent career growth opportunities
- Highly diversified and international teams and programs
- Legendary, young and growing multicultural teams
- Freedom to innovate