An exciting opportunity has arisen at Control Union Inspections (Pvt) Ltd. in Colombo (Sri Lanka) for AUDITOR (FOOD SAFETY/ QUALITY CERTIFICATIONS PROGRAM).
As an Auditor you will be responsible for the application of food safety and quality standards, regulatory requirements against established procedures. The position requires strong communication skills. You will be initiating and conducting on-site audit activities at our clients. You will be responsible for the document review as well as preparing and distributing your audit findings in an audit report.
Are you committed to integrity, quality, and a self driven, systematic, service-oriented person and do you want to be part of our international network? Then we are looking for you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Conducting audits on time as per the planning
- Carrying out audits and reporting audit results professionally according to CU guidelines
- Assist in handling of claims & appeals
- Maintaining good relationship with the clients
- Maintaining contacts with the certifier(s) on regular basis
- Keeping abreast awareness on developments, issues and legislative changes related to the subject areas in which audits are carried out
- Marketing and Business Development activities
- Cumulatively, minimum 5 years work experience in food industry related to Production/QA/ R&D
- B.Sc. degree with subject matters related to Agriculture/ Food
- Lead auditor qualification in ISO 9001/ ISO 22000/ FSSC 22000/ BRC will be an added advantage
- Willingness to travel extensively (domestic and abroad)
- Willingness to work non-office hours if needed
- Report-writing skills
- Presentation and interviewing skills
- Good command in English language
- Computer literacy and workability with Windows and Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to make independent decisions through systematic and analytical approach
- Pleasant attitude towards the job
- Independent attitude towards the job
- Accurate in observations and reporting
- Systematic and analytical way of working
- Aimed at serving clients and team spirited
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles.