An exciting opportunity has arisen at Control Union Certifications at Bangkok, Thailand for FORESTRY AUDITOR / MANAGER.
To further develop our certifications business in Thailand, we are looking for a Forestry Expert. In this role you will be responsible for the growth of our forestry certifications business. The position requires strong communication. Applicants must have extensive knowledge of forestry and a broad network in the Thai forestry industry. You will be responsible for the accreditation for new forestry standards, and will be initiating and conducting (on site) audit activities for our clients.
Are you committed to integrity, quality, and a self-driven, systematic, service-oriented person
and do you want to be part of our international network? Then we are looking for you!Tasks and responsibilities
- Auditing forestry certification programs (including, but not limited to, FSC and PEFC)
- Capacity building
- Attend (government and other) meetings regarding forestry
- Lead accreditation efforts for forestry including developing documentation and staying in close contact with government authorities
- Developing and maintaining good relations with (potential) clients
- Keeping track of developments, issues and legislative changes regarding forestry
- Develop and expand forestry certification division in Thailand
- Work closely together with our international colleagues
- Graduate in forestry
- At least 5 years experience in forestry
- Knowledge of forestry certification schemes
- Extensive network in Thai forestry industry
- Good command of English: in speech and in writing
- Excellent report writing, presentation skills
- Willingness to travel across Thailand and occasionally abroad
- Independent attitude towards the job
- Accurate in observations and reporting
- Systematic and analytical way of working
- Aimed at serving clients and team spirited
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles.