Working closely alongside the Communications Manager and Offshore Group Management, the Communications Advisor will play a hands-on role in planning and delivering a wide range of communications projects. They will assist in the development and delivery of communications strategy and take the lead on specific projects.
You will help manage the organisation’s primary internal and external communication channels, both generating and advising on content, format and key messages. In addition you will work on exhibitions and other events where the organisation are present, look for ways to enhance and optimise our presence and visibility and provide communications support across the business.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Ensure the delivery of communications activities on time, within budget and against agreed objectives
- Contribute to the communications strategy and planning by maintaining, reviewing and developing a range of communications channels and deliver activities which promote open, two-way communication throughout the organisation and facilitate effective service delivery
- Monitor all communications systems and activities for cost/risk/benefit effectiveness and suggest improvements
- Ensure effective targeting and co-ordination of communications activities to promote the engagement of a full range of stakeholders
- Work with business areas providing guidance on communications issues
- Work with colleagues in managing the production and publication of content for in-house channels, ensuring a representative spread of stories to meet the needs of the organisation’s audiences
- Play an active role in event management, leading on aspects of organisation and evaluation, including the production of a comms plan and a wide range of branded communications materials, assisting with the agenda and content
- Assist with evaluation, analysis and future action planning and outputs of events
- Keep abreast of business issues and the potential need to co-ordinate and channel communications including press-releases, and liaising with other teams across the business concerning significant events, projects and proposals
- Support the Corporate communications team in producing briefing notes, presentation materials and draft responses to topical issues which need addressing by UK based Directors
- In conjunction with other stakeholders, organise and deliver briefings or participate in seminars and forums to promote awareness of communication tools available and the importance of effective communication
- Comply with Level 1 of HSE Employee Responsibility and Accountability
- Comply with Level 1 of Peterson Values & Behaviours.
Qualifications and experience
- Able to demonstrate experience encompassing responsibility for front-line operational service delivery in a similar profession and associated development of corporate communications
- Strong drafting/copywriting skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to communicate ideas clearly and persuasively
- Experience of building partnerships with stakeholders at all levels
- Political and cultural awareness within organisational context
- Strong IT skills across main MS Office applications
- Understanding of corporate communications preferably within the energy sector
- Commercial awareness and customer focus
- Experience of developing/editing magazines, newsletters or similar
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification
- Ability to handle pressure around deadlines and targets
- Communication - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be able to build strong working relationships with all levels and be able to influencing and collaborating with others the ease.
- Customer Focus - A commitment to providing a good customer service.
- Personal Integrity - Builds trust and respect and maintains standards of honesty and integrity.
- Team Working - Ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
- Reliability - Takes responsibility for personal performance.
- Results Orientation - Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence
- Commitment to Safety - Takes responsibility for both their own safety and that of their colleagues
Specific requirement Competencies
- Leadership – Inspiring and guiding groups and people. Utilises appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding individuals or groups towards achievement of a task. Ability to articulate and arouse enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission; step forward to lead as needed regardless of position or status; guide the performance of others while holding them accountable; leads by example.
- Planning and Organising – The ability to establish an appropriate course of action for self and others to accomplish a goal. Keep track of matters requiring attention; develop operating plans to introduce changes in working practises; priorities tasks; delegate effectively.
Peterson (United Kingdom) Ltd reserves the right to amend or change the above to enable business needs to be met.