Peterson are currently looking for a Contracts Advisor based in Aberdeen. This role allows for the provision of contract assistance to all areas of the group to enable the organisation to conduct commercial objectives effectively.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Review, negotiate and draft a range of contractual & commercial agreements.
- Manage contract compliance in terms of existing agreements and assist with developing a compliance process for emerging agreements.
- Facilitate and verify that relevant analysis has been undertaken within the Company to evaluate risks relevant to contractual and insurance matters.
- Support development/projects work and drafting and negotiating of all associated documentation.
- Provide support for general corporate matters as related to the business.
- Maintain a regular liaison with all areas of the business ensuring the relevant Business Managers understand the commercial sections of each client contract.
- Ad-hoc dealings with other departments for contractual review/advice and negotiation with third parties.
- Be first point of contact for contractual issues that come in to the Offshore Group.
- Update and maintain the database of all client contracts and publish to the OMT.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required provided you have the necessary training and competency levels.
- Comply with Level 1 of HSE Employee Responsibility and Accountability.
- Comply with Level 1 of Peterson Values & Behaviours.
- Performance will be reviewed against objectives set during employee appraisal process including feedback from internal and external customers.
Qualifications and experience
- Experienced Contracts Advisor with previous significant experience gained within an industry role or a respected private practice firm.
- Previous experience in an in-house operator role would be preferred.
- Degree preferred but not essential.
- Gather facts and figures and achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Focus on results and willingly tackle problems or conflicts which threaten their achievement.
- Ability to manage own work to ensure schedule and budget targets are understood and met.
- Be a self-starter, capable of working on own initiative to achieve tasks.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Packages
- Communication - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be able to build strong working relationships with all levels and be able to influencing and collaborating with others with ease.
- Customer Focus - A commitment to providing a good customer service.
- Personal Integrity - Builds trust and respect and maintains standards of honesty and integrity.
- Team Working - Ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
- Reliability - Takes responsibility for personal performance.
- Results Orientation - Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence.
- Commitment to Safety - Takes responsibility for both their own safety and that of their colleagues.
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles.
How to Apply
Please click at 'Apply for this job' to upload your resume. For further information please contact: