An exciting opportunity has arisen at Control Union (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd for a SUSTAINABILITY CONSULTANT.
As a Sustainability Consultant you will be responsible for consultant to coordinate and contribute to the growth of our activities in South-East in the palm, rubber and other relevant sectors.
Are you motivated, competent and do you want to be part of our international network? Then we are looking for you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Liaise with our international client base and advise them on sustainability matters, particularly around the palm oil sector and NDPE initiatives
- Assist with the development of second-party verification protocols and private programs aimed at addressing NDPE industry wide commitments
- Coordinate the implementation of verification activities in the region for our client base.
- Follow up with relevant stakeholders including corporates, NGOs, and other independent-verification bodies
- Collaborate with the relevant programs’ account managers within our group to identify new opportunities, markets, partnerships or business alliances to reach out to target customers for new services, with a focus to grow customer base in sustainability, environmental markets
- Represent and actively contribute to weekly and monthly stakeholders industry meetings to drive forward the sustainability agenda in the palm and other relevant sectors.
- Build, strengthen and optimize relationships with clients, prospects, associations, public institutes and partners
- Responsible for identification, assessment, business solicitation and market opportunities for consultancy and other advisory projects
- May be occasionally tasked to conduct audits and reviews on companies for certification schemes
- Ensure timely completion of audit/surveillance and submission of audit reports
- Diploma or Degree with 5+ years of experience in auditing and/or consultancy preferably from an assurance/certification background
- Experience in sustainable business and sustainability reporting and environmental industries
- Strong advisory/consultancy track records and the ability to liaise with a wide-range of stakeholders comfortably
- Experience and knowledge of the palm oil sector and RSPO is a must
- Experience with projects implementation around NDPE would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with auditing, audit coordination, and other second-party activities. Previous experience in projects focused on traceability and/or no-deforestation would be considered a strong plus.
- Target-driven personality but with high level of diplomacy to influence management to drive through business initiatives
- Clear and articulate presentation ability with good proficiency in both written and spoken English. Mandarin language or other local languages are considered a plus
- Resourceful, fast learner with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, report writing and presentation skills. In particular, ability to communicate complex sustainability issues in a simple and concise way to top-management
- Proficiency with Microsoft office. Business analytics tools such as PowerBI, Tableu etc are considered a strong plus
- Willing to travel overseas
With its foundation in agriculture, Control Union Certifications has focused its efforts in developing services around the sustainability of the industry's supply chains which feed into the food, feed, bioenergy and textiles markets. With 'boots on the ground' in more than 70 countries, Control Union Certifications is uniquely placed to manage challenges with today's global marketplace.
Control Union (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd is based in Malaysia is operating in Malaysia since 1987 services clients in both East and West Malaysia and around the world.