Control Union UK is seeking experienced professionals across a variety of auditing schemes to join our certification team in the United Kingdom.
The individuals will join our existing certifications team to help manage and grow our services for clients who are seeking certification against a range of food safety, agricultural practice and social compliance standards.
Specific areas that experience is currently being sought include;
- Specifically experience in management and auditing against the RSPO and Rainforest Alliance programs
- Other schemes including Bonsucro, GMP+, GlobalGAP Agri, are also of interest
- Experience in management and auditing against the BRC food safety scheme
- Experience in the FairTrade and SMETA schemes
You will be part of an enthusiastic team supporting companies to achieve their sustainability goals.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage inbound certification requests, preparing offer letters and scheduling audits, overseeing the certification process and managing the client throughout.
- Delivering audits against specific schemes as required.
- Develop opportunities with new clients to generate business for the certification schemes you look after through, fostering positive client relationships, attending industry networking events and supporting our external marketing efforts.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and workshops
- Support the development of certification programs
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years or more experience in sustainability/ethical certifications
- Strong understanding of the role of certifications in complex global supply chains
- Knowledge of sustainability and ethics issues in the food and agriculture industries
- Ideally, current auditing qualifications against the schemes set out above
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences and in a range of formats
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proactive approach in finding solutions
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Degree in a relevant field such as international development or agronomy is preferrable
- UK driving license
- Fluent in English. Other languages are beneficial but not essential.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Control Union is a leading global certification body operating across agriculture, food safety, social compliance, textiles, plastics, biofuels and biomass, timber, and marine industries.
With a presence in more than 70 countries, Control Union is uniquely placed to manage businesses sustainability challenges with today's global marketplace.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a CV and covering letter (outlining your suitability for the role) to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CUUKSAR.
All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the UK before starting employment.