An exciting opportunity has arisen at Control Union Inspections in Philippines for an Operations Officer - Inspections.
As OPERATIONS OFFICER - INSPECTIONS you will be responsible for Inspections business development and managing the overall functioning for Commodity Inspections.
Are you a results driven, service oriented team player, with strong leadership skills? And do you want to be part of our international network? Then we are looking for you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Marketing and Business development, focus on but not limited to: Liquids, Grains, Fertilizers, Coal
- Manage overall functioning of commodity inspections department
- Liaison with office/ vessel agents/ elevators/ terminals for execution of orders
- Coordination with other CU offices
- Superintend shipments of agricultural products (liquid & dry bulk)
- Perform hold inspections & hose test
- Quantity determination as per scale verification
- Report progress of job on daily basis via email
- Handling and recording of samples
- Efficient liaison with clients during entire inspection cycle
- Cargo Survey: vegetable oils in bulk, in containers (for loading and discharging) as per FOSFA regulations
- Bulk cargo (Draught Survey): Grains, coal, molasses, mine products (loading & discharging)
- On Hire/ and Off Hire surveys
- Rectilinear surveys for bulk cargo (warehouse cargo estimation)
- Experience of 8-10 years in inspections/ surveying field, including draft survey
- Graduate of any Science degree (preferred Physics or Chemistry related) or Engineering degree
- Knowledgeable of FOSFA, and GAFTA Protocols
- Must be well versed in liquids inspections and grain grading protocols; corn, wheat soybeans and rice etc.
- Proficiency in English and Filipino, in speech and in writing
- Proficiency with MSOffice
- Good time management skills and a strong attention to detail
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Service oriented
- Leadership and effective interpersonal skills
Our vast expertise in inspection, sampling and supervision enables us to provide worldwide support to our customers across a broad spectrum of disciplines. From government and institution services and draught surveys through to weight and quantity determination – we provide our clients with the right solution, tailored to their needs.
How to apply
When you are interested in this role, please apply via our website www.petersoncontrolunion.com/en/careers.
For further information please contact Thilini Perera (firstname.lastname@example.org) at (632) 7724051 or (632) 8400807.