We currentely have a vacancy at our Lillyhall base, United Kingdom. The role will be responsible for leading and managing the operational and logistics elements of Lillyhall’s Security & Distribution Centre.
Performance will be reviewed both formally and informally at regular intervals against objectives set during the performance review process.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Deputise for the Business Manager as required, ensuring that you manage financial matters diligently and strictly in accordance with your delegated financial authority.
- Adhere to Peterson’s Life Saving Rules and Sellafield’s Nuclear Professionalism Standards and Expectations at all times, and ensure that all members of your team do the same.
- Ensure that members of your team participate in toolbox talks at the start of each shift (and at other times as determined by the complexity or safety criticality of the task) and ensure that you and your team are fully aware of the risk assessments applicable to the job(s) at hand.
- STOP THE JOB whenever you consider an action to be unsafe and resolve the situation at the soonest opportunity in liaison with other key stakeholders.
- Use the RAP card system to report breaches in security / unsafe acts or conditions, or to provide praise for good security / safety practice, and encourage your team to do the same.
- Take particular care to ensure that Operator Licence compliance is maintained at all times, highlighting any concerns to the Business Manager without delay.
- Deliver a safe and efficient distribution service that achieves operational KPIs and that is able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Champion a positive safety culture and implement safe systems of work that are of a sufficiently high standard to be considered as best practice across the business.
- Ensure that all operational and safety related documentation is kept up-to-date with lessons learned from local operations and with information from safety bulletins issued by HSEQ.
- Ensure that the Management of Change process is followed for any changes to the operation, facility, vehicles, plant or equipment.
- Implement contingency measures to maintain operational agility and resilience in the event of the loss of any critical resource(s).
- Support the Compliance & Security Manager in maintaining a robust security culture and in preparing for any compliance or security related audits.
- Ensure that your team are trained to carry out all aspects of their role, and that their SQEP packs are kept up-to-date and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Maintain a high level of discipline and professional conduct within your team by closely monitoring team performance and ensuring that Peterson’s values and behaviours are consistently upheld.
- Ensure that documented operational procedures and safe systems of work are followed at all times.
- Maintain prompt and effective communication with the Business Manager and Compliance & Security Manager (face-to-face, telephone and email).
- Maintain a professional demeanour and provide excellent customer service (internal and external) at all times.
- Comply with Level 4 of HSE Employee Responsibility and Accountability.
- Comply with Peterson Values & Behaviours applicable to your role.
Qualifications and Skills
- Certificate of Professional Competency.
- Financial management training.
- Proven ability to work in a team but crucially under own initiative.
- Strong communication and customer-facing skills.
- IOSH 4-day Managing Safely Certificate.
- Able to develop a strong safety culture.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Strong report writing skills.
- ADR Vocational Qualification.
- Operator Licence experience.
- You will be required to attend and pass job specific SL courses.
Change - Peterson (United Kingdom) Ltd reserves the right to amend or change the above to enable business needs to be met.