A vacancy has arisen for an Operations Coordinator to support the Shetland Management Team with the control of operations including job planning, coordination of resources and supporting project work.
Duties will also include controlling, recording, and managing logistics to meet customer and company requirements.
Applicants should have proven experience within a similar role, including supervision within a safety critical environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software, along with an awareness of company and legislative requirements relating to cargo/haulage/warehouse operations is also required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Reliable and flexible approach essential - must be able to carry out any reasonable duty that may be requested by the company providing that those duties are commensurate with the employees training and expertise
· Good organisational skills and ability to apply industry experience to a range of situations
· Be committed to continual improvement
· Work closely and communicate effectively with clients and colleagues to ensure excellent customer service levels are achieved and maintained
· Support the allocation of resources to specific jobs, monitoring and assessing needs as appropriate
· Responsible for making sure any offshore cargo is checked in accordance with Oil & Gas UK regulations
· Prepare and load/unload cargo using safe working procedures
· Ensure the safety of personnel and that correct safety protocol and procedures are adhered to, leading by example at all times
· Comply with all relevant company work instructions and procedures for each job function and identify improvements to the process where necessary
· Conduct toolbox talks and lift plans, ensuring that all relevant personnel are fully aware of the task and associated risk assessments prior to the commencement of work
· Empowered to “stop the job” if an action is considered unsafe, and report to supervisors as required
· Participate in duty rota
· Comply with the company procedures
· Comply with Level 1 of HSE Employee Responsibility and Accountability
· Comply with Level 1 of Peterson Values & Behaviours
Qualifications and Experience
Proven experience within a similar role
· Proven experience of supervising within a safety critical environment
· An awareness of company and legislative requirements/regulations pertaining to cargo operations, haulage operations, ADR and garage/warehousing operations
· Ability and familiarity with all Microsoft Office programs
· Experience of database software (e.g. SAP)
· Experience of marine operations
· IOSH working safely
· Experience of working within an oil & gas operational environment including lifting operations and the operation of plant
Category B driving licence (minimum)
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles.
How to Apply
Please click at 'Apply for this job' to upload your resume. For further information please contact: