Junior Sustainable Textile Certifier – Full time – Based in the Netherlands
Are you looking for a challenging job in which you are in close contact with sustainable brands and retailers, internationally focussed to bring the textile sector forward towards a more sustainable one? Then we are looking for you!
Apply now to ensure your future job in an international dynamic young team at Control Union Certifications in Zwolle.
Control Union is a leading global organization providing certifications, testing, auditing and total quality assurance. Control Union operates across several sectors, from food, energy, forestry to consumer products.
With a presence in more than 70 countries, Control Union is uniquely placed to manage challenges with today's global marketplace.
Control Union has an excellent full time job opportunity for a sustainable textile Certifier to join our sustainability team in the Netherlands.
The role will taking certification decisions to verify compliance with requirements of schemes as Organic (OCS, GOTS), Recycled (GRS, RCS), Animal Welfare (RDS, RWS, RMS, RAF, RAS).
- Facilitate, monitor and ensure a correct certification process:
- Monitoring assessments and non-conformities, filing documentation;
- Checking assessment documentation, drafting, signing and sending of report, filing report;
- Checking report, certification decision, certification mark, signing and sending certificate, filing certificate;
- Management of execution of post certification: scheduling of assessments, invoice, decision to suspend or withdraw certification, written information for suspension or withdrawal of certificate, updating the List of Certificates and Clients, trace ability actions, filing documentation.
- Making certification decision;
- Assistance with handling of claims and appeals;
- Registration, investigation, handling and follow-up of complaints:
- Registration, selection, implementation and follow-up of improvements in the process;
- Implementation of new or updated documents; internally and externally;
- Marketing and information, offers, management of clients and relations, filing offers;
- Supporting clients in the different steps of their certification process.
- Tertiary Education (college/university) in a relevant discipline (e.g.textile engineer for textiles or environment management for recycling) & 2-year professional work experience in relevant field;
OR vocational education from (High school Diploma) & 4-year professional experience in relevant field.
- Having experience with auditing and/or familiarity with Organic (OCS, GOTS), Recycled (GRS, RCS), Animal Welfare (RDS, RWS, RMS) standards will be considered an additional asset, but is not a requirement.
- Fluency in Dutch and English is essential, spoken as well as written.
- Knowledge of business management practices;
- Knowledge of client products, processes and organization (as per program manual);
- Knowledge of specific management system standards/normative documents;
- Knowledge of risks in relation to products and processes;
- Knowledge of certification body's processes;
- You are a professional, and exhibit a courteous, conscientious and generally business-like demeanour in the workplace;
- You are diplomatic and professional when dealing with people, both within and outside our organisation;
- You are a diligent person, who has demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are decisive, and reaches timely conclusions based on logical reasoning and analysis;
- You are truthful, sincere and honest;
- You possess a high level of self-discipline; you are independent and have good organisational skills;
- You are accurate;
- You can place situations in perspective and identify risks.
- You have good conflict and problem-solving skills;
- You are a supportive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and good secondary employment conditions
- An opportunity to work in an exciting and developing international organisation
- A position that create impact in supporting the transition towards a sustainable textile sector
- Be part of enthusiastic, dedicated and friendly team
- Full time position
- Location: the Netherlands, Zwolle
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ‘Junior Certifier Sustainable Textile’ by February 15th, 2023. If you have questions about the position, please contact Lonneke de Kort (+31 6 40756303).