Scope of Assignment:
The Inspector/Surveyor is responsible for conducting qualitative and quantitative verification of various products and related processes through field inspections, marine surveys, and/or audits according to company principles and client requirements.Position in the organization
: Executive StaffReports to
: Managing Director & Assistant Commodity and Inspection Manager Duties and Key Responsibilities
Expected Educational & Professional Background:
- Perform inspection and sampling of cargoes in containers, tanks, vessels, and other storage locations.
- Supervise the loading and discharge of commodities according to contract parameters, standards, and procedures.
- Calculate cargo quantity by manual counting, draft survey, volumetric measurement, and other metrology related to bulk, break bulk, and containerized goods.
- Conduct other measurements, as required (moisture, temperature, etc.)
- Transport commodity samples were taken from the site to the office/sample preparation lab.
- Record details of the inspection, including photographs, and document findings using approved forms.
- Coordinate with client/terminal representatives for entry at the inspection site.
- Adhere to the company’s work ethics, standards, and procedures
- Ensure that health and safety standards are properly observed, and report any incidents in relation to health and safety.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the manager in relation to the operations of commodity and inspection
Desired personal behaviors:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma related to engineering, maritime, logistics, agriculture, and quality assurance is preferred but not required.
- Working experience as a surveyor/inspector in commodity inspection services for at least three (3) years with a strong background in loading and discharge supervision of various agricultural commodities.
- Able to identify cargo quantity by draft survey, volumetric measurement, and other metrology related to bulk, break bulk, and containerized goods.
- Familiarity with local/international trade, ISO9001, ISO17020, GAFTA, and FOSFA sampling is a plus.
- Ethical, i.e. fair truthful, sincere, honest, and discreet.
- Hands-on mentality, i.e. having a can-do and problem-solving attitude.
- Organized, i.e. exhibiting effective time management, prioritization, planning, and efficiency.
- Decisive, i.e. reach timely conclusions based on logical reasoning and analysis.
- Observant, i.e. actively aware of physical surroundings and activities