To support the growth of Royal Peterson Control Union and the increasing complexity of the global activities the finance team at the head office in Rotterdam will be expanded with a new Global Tax Manager position. The Global Tax Manager will be part of the finance team and will report to the Consolidation & Reporting Manager who reports to the CFO. Working together in a dynamic and growing team you will be responsible for various tax affairs worldwide. The tasks and responsibilities will primarily consist of international corporate tax matters. More specifically the main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provide (inter)national tax advice and support on corporate income tax, withholding taxes and special projects relating to international taxation;
- Support in M&A projects and assist in due diligence on acquisitions, divestments, finance structuring and corporate restructurings;
- Support tax audits and negotiate with tax authorities;
- Maintaining and monitoring the (global) transfer pricing methodology as well as provide internal TP advice. Support and update intercompany documentation;
- Assist with the management of country-by-country / DAC6-and other compliance reportings;
- Understanding of international wage tax and VAT principles and support business units if needed;
- Support the Tax Accountant in tax compliance and ensure proper tax accounting & reporting;
- Liaise with the internal departments (e.g. legal, finance and business), including creating increasing tax awareness, and manage relationships with external tax advisors;
- Liaise with tax authorities on a regular basis.
- An excellent and all-round tax professional with an University degree in tax law or fiscal economics;
- Some 10+ years of relevant work experience in Dutch and international corporate income tax;
- In-depth knowledge of Dutch- and international corporate income tax and understanding of the practical applications and impact thereof on the business;
- Basic knowledge of VAT and wage tax is a plus;
- Good understanding of accounting concepts and processes;
- Being able to explain tax to non-tax professionals in a simple and understandable way is essential;
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written, fluent in Dutch and business English);
- Team player, fun and can make connection with the business.
From our roots in agricultural inspections, we have been operating for 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. To this day, Peterson and Control Union continue to be family-owned and now operate in more than 70 countries employing more than 4,000 people. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles. Upholding our integrity is paramount to Peterson and Control Union. We act with honesty and respect in everything we do.