Control Union (UK) has an excellent full time job opportunity for a chain of custody auditor within the forestry product sector to join our team in the UK.
The role will involve planning audits and visiting clients across the UK (and possibly abroad) to carry out audits to ensure compliance with scheme requirements from various forestry schemes.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a FSC/PEFC Auditor you will be responsible for:
- Conducting audits against the FSC & PEFC certification standards.
- Produce audit reports, within specified timeframes.
- Ensure that all clients’ inquiries are handled with in a timely manner and provide excellent customer service.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure a quality and efficient service.
- Understand the market including opportunities and constraints.
This position therefore require individuals with excellent communication skills who can initiate, conduct and review all relevant audit activities, whilst maintaining and developing client relationships. Being up to date with the latest local and national regulations in connection with your work is critical to the successful delivery of this position.
- Relevant A levels or university degree and at least 1 year of professional experience in the forest products sector or secondary education (high school certificate) and four years of professional experience in the forest products sector.
- Preferably working knowledge of supply chains integrated within the forestry industry and/or working knowledge of forestry industry standards.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) and able to present themselves in a professional manner
- Preferably audit experience (eg. FSC, PEFC & Grown in Britain or other relevant schemes)
- Computer literate, and experience working with Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills, comfortable communicating with varying levels of seniority.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as the majority of the role will involve face to face contact with our clients.
- Able to prioritise work accordingly and have excellent time management skills
- Ability to travel extensively and with a full UK driving license
- Self-motivated, independent worker who also can feed back into a team
- Successful completion of an IRCA registered ‘ISO management standard auditor course’.
- Competitive salary
- Company car, phone, laptop, health insurance and pension scheme
- Chance to be part of a young, dedicated and friendly team
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles.
With its foundation in agriculture, Control Union Certifications has focused its efforts in developing services around the sustainability of the industry's supply chains which feed into the food, feed, bioenergy and textiles markets. With 'boots on the ground' in more than 70 countries, Control Union Certifications is uniquely placed to manage challenges with today's global marketplace.
Control Union (UK) Limited is based in London but has clients both nationally and internationally.
How to Apply
Please click at 'Apply for this job' to upload your resume. For further information please contact: