ERP Business Analyst
Reports to: ERP Lead
The responsibility of the ERP Business Analyst is to support the operation and maintenance of Microsoft Dynamics AX applications and related processes across Peterson Offshore Group. Working with system users across the organisation, the role is forward focused, proactively identifying areas for improvement, driving out inefficiency in process.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Interface with business stakeholders to understand business solution requirements, conduct discovery and analysis, recommend systems solutions, and lead or assist with the implementation of solutions capable of supporting the business.
- Provide functional ERP system support including but not limited to Procurement, Project Management, Human Resources, and Finance.
- Support project activities by
- Documenting As Is and To Be processes
- Support data migration
- Develop UAT scenarios, and document test results
- Create training documents and deliver training to end users
- Support cutover activities by leading specific work streams
- Champion optimal and best practices use of the ERP system.
- Contribute to the development of and adherence to best practice governance of the ERP system.
- Adhere to established System Development Life Cycle Procedures when implementing system changes.
- Develop reporting solutions utilising SSRS, Analytical Services, Atlas and other reporting tools as required.
- Liaise with 3rd party providers in the resolution of system issues
- Performance will be reviewed against objectives set during employee appraisal process including feedback from internal customers.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree or College qualification in relevant discipline and a minimum of 2 years' experience using the Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP product suite,
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL.
- Ability to lead projects using best practices project management practices, and deliver on-time.
- Confident communicator with the ability to communicate clearly and cohesively.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Communication - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be able to build strong working relationships with all levels and be able to influencing and collaborating with others with ease.
- Customer Focus - A commitment to providing a good customer service.
- Personal Integrity - Builds trust and respect and maintains standards of honesty and integrity.
- Team Working - Ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
- Reliability - Takes responsibility for personal performance.
- Results Orientation - Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence.
- Commitment to Safety - Takes responsibility for both their own safety and that of their colleagues.
Specific requirement Competencies:
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Customer service attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Results oriented with a strong commitment to quality and standards implementation.
- Ability to multi-task, adjusts priorities, and work autonomously as well as part of a team.