Are you looking for a challenging job that will bring you in close contact with sustainable brands and retailers? Keen to be part of an international team focused on moving the textile sector forward towards being more sustainable? Then we are looking for you !
Apply now to secure your future job in an international dynamic young team at Control Union Certifications.
Control Union is a leading global organization providing certifications, testing, auditing and total quality assurance. Control Union operates across several sectors, from food, energy, forestry to consumer products.
With a presence in more than 70 countries, Control Union is uniquely placed to manage challenges with today's global marketplace.
Control Union has an excellent full time job opportunity for a sustainable textile Certifier to join our sustainability team in the Netherlands.
The role will involve taking certification decisions to ensure compliance with requirements of schemes for Organic (OCS, GOTS), Recycled (GRS, RCS), Animal Welfare (RDS, RWS, RMS, RAF).
- Facilitate, monitor and ensure a correct certification process:
- Monitoring assessments and non-conformities, filing documentation;
- Checking assessment documentation, drafting, signing and sending of report, filing report;
- Checking report, certification decision, certification mark, signing and sending certificate, filing certificate;
- Management of post certification: scheduling of assessments, invoice, decision to suspend or withdraw certification, written information for reduction, suspension or withdrawal of certificate, updating the List of Certificates and Clients, traceability actions, filing documentation.
- Making certification decision;
- Assistance with handling of claims and appeals;
- Monitoring of (Senior) auditors;
- Training of assistants, identify and propose the need for training of auditors;
- Registration, investigation, handling and follow-up of complaints:
- Registration, selection, implementation and follow-up of improvements;
- Implementation of new or updated documents; internally and externally;
- Marketing and information, offers, client management, filing offers.
- Tertiary Education (college/university) in a relevant discipline (e.g. textile engineer for textiles or environment management for recycling) & 2 years professional work experience in a relevant field; OR vocational education from (High school Diploma) & 4 years professional experience in a relevant field;
- Experience of auditing and/or familiarity with Organic (OCS, GOTS), Recycled (GRS, RCS), Animal Welfare (RDS, RWS, RMS) standards will be considered an additional asset, but is not a requirement;
- Fluency in Dutch and English is essential, spoken as well as written;
- B-category driver’s license;
- Knowledge of business management practices;
- Knowledge of client products, processes and organization (as per program manual);
- Knowledge of specific management system standards/normative documents;
- Knowledge of risks in relation to products and processes;
- Knowledge of certification body's processes (QM, SC's);
- Experienced in providing training;
- In possession of a working permit.
- You are diplomatic and professional when dealing with people, both within and outside an organisation;
- You are a diligent person, and can demonstrate that you can handle multiple projects and tasks;
- You are decisive, and reaches timely conclusions based on logical reasoning and analysis;
- You are truthful, sincere and honest;
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, you are independent and have good organisational skills;
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you are good at it!
- You are able to place situations in perspective and identify risks;
- You have good conflict and problem solving skills;
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary and good secondary employment conditions;
- An opportunity to work in an exciting and developing international setting;
- Chance to be part of a young, dedicated and friendly team;
- Location: office Zwolle/Rotterdam The Netherlands;
- Start date: as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and letter of application to email@example.com quoting reference ‘Certifier Sustainable Textile’ by March 31st 2021. If you have questions about the position, please contact Lonneke de Kort (+31 6 40756303).