For our office in Den Helder we are looking for a new Business Unit Manager. As a Business Unit Manager you will lead the Vessel Agency, Procurement and Customs teams for Peterson in Den Helder. You are fully responsible and accountable for the performance of the business unit assigned to you. You will competently provide leadership to your team, management and betterment of process, and an integrated approach across operations to ensure best in class delivery of service to our customers, at all times. You will demonstrate and promote great leadership, providing support and direction to all direct reports and teams within your assigned operation. The job holder will develop and maintain first class working relationships with all stakeholders and this includes driving a “OnePeterson” team mentality which is focused on delivering overall service value to our customers. Performance is therefore evaluated not just on what you deliver from your designated business unit but also your contribution to the delivery of value to our customers.
This role is pivotal in the delivery of our operational strategy. Our future is one of integrated service delivery, and therefore the Business Managers will form a high performing team, supporting each other, as well as their own disciplines. Operating as a complete unit, pulling in the same direction, is when we will see our operations excel.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide experience and support in the compilation of Business strategies to direct and deliver the desired level of growth and profitability. Deliver personal and collaborative objectives as agreed.
- Manage and plan the effective delivery of the assigned budget for area of responsibility. Fully responsible and accountable for P&L of designated business unit and delivering a profit to the organisation
- To ensure effective delivery of a customer excellence culture, at all times. We will take a customer centric approach to our decision making, and proactively communicate with our customers and other key stakeholders naturally and regularly to foster strong relationships from which we can grow
- Ensure the business unit is legislatively compliant and operating within corporate governance procedures and processes.
- Meet customers on a regular basis to update on operational performance to address any issues as and when they arise - implement a formal timetable to meet weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Ensure the division is operating within all legislative parameters and corporate governance procedures and processes.
- Work collaboratively with HR to ensure that people are hired in accordance with the company’s recruitment and selection policy.
- To ensure areas of responsibility delivers “Best in Class” performance standards of operation, efficiency and effective use of technology. Innovation is one of our core pillars and will be embraced. It is the responsibility of the Business Manager to get involved in change, drive rapid innovation, and play an active part in allowing innovation to flow through your business unit. There are to be no barriers.
- To ensure each assigned business unit reports on performance on a monthly basis, along with agreed KPI’s, providing solutions on identified negatives, with positives being further extrapolated and shared across other business units.
- Lead by example, acting as a role model for safe practice, innovation, inclusion & diversity. Actively promote such culture and act quickly to resolve those behaviours which are not desired.
- Foster a safe working culture where people feel safe to work and express themselves free from harassment and negative behaviours.
- Champion a fair working environment which compliments equality for personal development whilst fully supporting a culture of performance management throughout the division where all people are assessed for competence and appraised on a regular basis. Promote an open, positive and collaborative people culture throughout the operation ensuring compliance with company procedures and delivery of the One Peterson ethos.
- Ensure that all annual employee performance reviews are undertaken to 100%, without exception. Performance appraisals are a key enabler for improving organisations, and will be front and centre focus, not an afterthought, for the manager and their teams beneath them
- Confront issues and ensure effective management is exercised of performance both in terms of capability and conduct in a timely and effective manner.
- Conduct personnel communication and discussion sessions to ensure information flows are maximised and personnel are informed and heard.
Qualifications and Experience:
- To ensure resources are adequately provided to each operational area to maximise utilisation and availability to meet contractual and growth obligations, facilitate relevant replacement and authorisation programs.
- To conduct planned and regular internal audit and verification of process (in line with the Regional RC&T Team) of each assigned area of the business to review performance on each key business driver and instigate actions as appropriate.
What we offer:
- HBO/WO education preferably in business administration, economics, Marketing, logistics or a comparable study.
- Extensive experience in a similar operational leadership role, but not restricted to the offshore energy industry. Experience in offshore, customs, logistics, shipping agencies or procurement is considered an advantage though.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- IT literate and proficient in the use of MS Office.
- A strong and decisive leader with a strong by empathic personality who is able to take challenging situations in their stride. High level of emotional intelligence – understanding personal traits and impacts on others.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and motivate teams to get results and meet service delivery requirements.
- Able to interface effectively with customers at a senior level and to meet and manage expectations. High level of sophisticating and engaging communication style.
- Commercially and contractually aware with the ability to create an manage budgets within financial parameters.
- A professional and innovative working environment
- Play a vital role in the regional MT
- Flexible work from home options
- Salary on the level of Business Manager
- A personal budget for secondary benefits and bonusses
- Great pension scheme
If you are interested in this position and you have the necessary qualities and experience? Do not hesitate and apply immediately.
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Jerrelyn Kallendorf ( firstname.lastname@example.org