The Power BI Developer utilises their passion for reporting, analytics, data visualization, data science and advanced analytics to drive BI initiatives for Core29 clients, and clients of these clients. This position will work with both IT and development professionals as well as key stakeholders across Core29 clients to understand business needs and ensure all data is understood and translated accurately, through visualizations, to drive informed decision making
Roles and Responsibilities
The role of Business Intelligence and Data Analyst within Core29 must ensure high quality documented output, a business focussed delivery, and strict management of time.
The Business Intelligence and Data Analyst role will be required to act as a mentor to other BI & DAs within the team.
Typically, Core29 will scope requirements, meet key players, identify data gaps and make recommendations where improved data and reporting can lead to data driven decisions and improved business insights. We ensure the client has ownership of the reporting tools once implemented and always remain independent and transparent throughout delivery.
- Visualise data and information for business customers through the creation of reports and queries using Microsoft’s technology stack
- Create BI reports based on business requirements with linked content, drilldowns, and nested parameters.
- Optimise BI dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization.
- Design data architecture structures necessary to support BI initiatives.
- Manage data integration, between core business applications and data lakes, data marts, etc.
- Develop concepts of reports, analytics and visualisations development, using DAX, SQL, tuning, data models and semantic models.
- Understand cloud migration techniques (on premise to Cloud Platforms)
- Performance tune products including, but not limited to, load balancing, caching, etc
- Create and administer App Workspaces to control permissions and access to BI dashboard.
- Partner with Customer Service DBAs to source necessary data, map source data to target structures, and define query methods.
- Ensure reports meet data accuracy, query performance, usability and functionality requirements.
- Leverage BI tools to answer questions, solve problems, and create reporting solutions.
- Create technical and maintenance documentation as needed.
- Communicate effectively with both business, technical stakeholders as well as leaders
- Be able to successfully and productively resolve problems, ensuring the business is not presented with issues, just solutions
- Be exceptionally detail oriented and technically minded
- Be able to successfully manage time, plans, projects and other related tasks
- Be able to function as part of a team, or as a single depending on the Project
- Experience in Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft tools is advantageous
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles.
How to Apply
Please click at 'Apply for this job' to upload your resume. For further information please contact: