Auditors – Timber products certifications (FSC / PEFC)
Control Union (UK) has an excellent full time job opportunity for a chain of custody auditor to join our certification team in the UK.
The role will involve planning audits and visiting clients across the UK to carry out audits to ensure compliance with scheme requirements from various timber schemes.
- Conducting audits against the FSC & PEFC certification standards.
- Produce audit reports, within specified timeframes.
- Ensure that all clients’ inquiries are handled with in a timely manner and provide excellent customer service.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure a quality and efficient service.
- Understand the market including opportunities and constraints.
Skills & Qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills as the role will involve extensive face to face contacts with clients.
- Good communication skills, comfortable in communicating with varying levels of seniority.
- Being able to plan the work efficiently, being able to change plans on a short notice
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated, independent worker who also can feed back into a team
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Ability to travel extensively and with a full UK driving license
- Successful completion of an IRCA registered ‘ISO management standard auditor course’.
Education and Experience
- Relevant A levels or university degree and at least 1 year of professional experience in timber related industries
- Secondary education (high school certificate) and four years of professional experience in timber related industries.
Working knowledge of supply chains integrated within the timber industry.
- Working knowledge of timber industry standards
- Audit experience (eg. FSC, PEFC & Grown in Britain or other relevant schemes)
- based in the Midlands
- Competitive salary
- Company car, phone, laptop, health insurance and pension scheme
- Chance to be part of a young, dedicated and friendly team
Control Union is a leading global organization providing certifications, testing, auditing and total quality assurance. Control Union operates across several sectors, from food, energy, forestry to consumer products.
With a presence in more than 70 countries, Control Union is uniquely placed to manage challenges with today's global marketplace.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a CV and Covering Letter (outlining your suitability for the role) to firstname.lastname@example.org