An exciting opportunity has arisen at Control Union Inspections (Pvt) Ltd.
in Colombo, Sri Lanka
for AUDITOR - AGRICULTURE & SUSTAINABILITY.
As an Auditor you will be responsible for the document review as well as maintaining and developing client relationships. The position requires strong communication skills and being up to date with the latest local and national regulations in connection with your work is critical to the successful delivery of this position.
Are you committed to integrity, quality, and a self-driven, systematic, service-oriented person and do you want to be part of our international network? Then we are looking for you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Carrying out agricultural and sustainability audits on farms and/ or food facilities.
- Initiate, conduct and review all relevant audit activities, whilst maintaining and developing client relationships
- Ensuring customer compliance with established certification standards by visiting Our clients on site and examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Communicating audit findings by preparing a final report and discuss the findings with auditees
- Help to reassure consumers about how food is produced on the farm by minimizing harmful environmental impacts of farming operations, reducing the use of chemical inputs, and ensuring a responsible approach.
- Being up to date with the latest local and national regulations in connection with your work is critical to the successful delivery
- Bachelor’s degree required in agriculture or related field
- 2 - 4 years of work experience in the field of agriculture/sustainable farming/ Environment and climate change or related areas
- In-depth knowledge of agricultural standard systems and certification would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with interviewing and report writing skills
- Willingness to travel extensively (domestic and international)
With its foundation in agriculture, Control Union Certifications has focused its efforts in developing services around the sustainability of the industry's supply chains which feed into the food, feed, bioenergy and textiles markets. With 'boots on the ground' in more than 70 countries, Control Union Certifications is uniquely placed to manage challenges with today's global marketplace.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our website www.petersoncontrolunion.com/en/careers or forward your CVs to email@example.com by quoting reference as “Auditor (Agriculture & Sustainability)”.