An exciting opportunity has arisen at Control Union Certifications in CHILE for an Aquaculture/Fisheries Auditor.
As Aquaculture/fisheries Auditor you will be responsible for carrying out Environmental; Social; Occupational safety and health; Fish Health; Animal Welfare and food safety, and sustainability audits on hatcheries, farms and food processing facilities.
Are you self-motivated and able to work in a dynamic workplace that consistently brings new challenges? If so than we are looking for you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct Environmental; Social; Occupational safety and health; Fish Health; Animal Welfare and Food Safety and Sustainability, certification, and customer specific audits in the aquaculture and fisheries industry areas on farms, vessels, and in Product Handling Unit facilities.
- Ensure customer compliance with established certification standards by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Communicate audit findings by preparing a final report and discuss findings with auditees; prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing operating information and trends, with a high degree of integrity and quality.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in HACCP; must be able to complete HACCP training certification.
- Demonstrate ability to become highly proficient with auditing requirements. Must be able to successfully complete Aquaculture stewardship Council (ASC); GLOBALG.A.P. AQUA, Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) and Third-Party Auditor Training. Other schemes upon request.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, including assistance in developing and maintaining certification and audit programs.
- BSc/MSc required in aquaculture and/or food science and/or environmental science, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in a practical capacity on a farm or in a technical. production management role related to aquaculture industry, preferably in salmon and or bivalves production is required.
- Documented evidence of training and/or depth knowledge experience implementing or certifying standards such as ASC Salmon, ASC Bivalves; Chain of Custody MSC; GLOBALG.A.P. AQUA; BAP; Friend of the Sea, is required.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally, including ability to obtain a passport.
- Driver’s license is necessary.
- Lead Auditor Training /Qualification (e.g., ISO 9001 QMS IRCA; ASC; BAP) desired.
- Knowledge in the areas of aquaculture an advantage.
- English language fluency is mandatory.
With its foundation in agriculture, Control Union Certifications has focused its efforts in developing services around the sustainability of the industry's supply chains which feed into the food, feed, bioenergy and textiles markets. With 'boots on the ground' in more than 70 countries, Control Union Certifications is uniquely placed to manage challenges with today's global marketplace.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, please apply below.
For further information please contact Jorge Ríos Alveal by sending an email to email@example.com