Accounts Assistant (Temporary Maternity Cover)
Process invoices in a timely and accurate basis ensuring that queries are resolved promptly. Maintain vendor and customer accounts so that all transactions are up to date and accurate with no unmatched balances unresolved.
Roles & responsibilities:
Purchase/Sales Ledger focused
- Processing through Readsoft
- Raising of Sales Invoices ( allocated Customer)
- Complete supplier statement reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Resolve supplier queries
- Ensure that debit balances (i.e. payments in advance) are matched to appropriate invoice on a timely basis.
- Monitor and clear Purchase Ledger and Statement emails
- Processing through Readsoft & MediusFlow
- Prepare month end costs accruals
- Any other duties as allocated by Team Lead
Potential Additional responsibilities
- Analyse & Collate information for specific key accounts.
- Liaise with Operations to ensure accurate data for invoicing.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Management, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil the request.
- Comply with the company procedures.
- Comply with Level 1 of HSE Employee Responsibility and Accountability.
- Comply with Level 1 of Peterson Values & Behaviours.
Purchase/Sales Ledger focused
- Ensure Sales Deadlines are met
- Supplier statement reconciliations completed as per schedule;
- Debit balances on account matched off against subsequent invoice within 10 working days;
- Supplier/ Customer queries resolved within 5 working days of being raised;
- Readsoft and purchase ledger email cleared on a daily basis;
Qualifications and experience
- Good understanding of finance and have experience of working with purchase and/or sales ledger.
- Computer Literate, proficient in use of Excel and Word, Dyamics experience would be an advantage (however full training will be given).
- Communication - Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels within organisation.
- Customer Focus - A commitment to providing a good customer service.
- Personal Integrity - Builds trust and respect and maintains standards of honesty and integrity.
- Team Working - Ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
- Reliability - Takes responsibility for personal performance.
- Results Orientation - Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence.
- Commitment to Safety - Takes responsibility for both their own safety and that of their colleagues.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, adaptable and able to organise competing demands
- Ability to work in a demanding environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
From our roots in agricultural inspections, Peterson and Control Union have been operating for nearly 100 years in the field of logistics, quality, certifications and risk management. Our in-depth knowledge and experience covers all aspects of the supply chain in many industries including agriculture, energy, forestry, sustainability and textiles.
How to Apply
For further information please contact: