Control Union has an excellent new opportunity to be part of a growing team as cargo inspector (agricultural products).The successful candidate will be primarily responsible to provide independent assessment of the quantity and quality of agricultural products as grains and vegetable oils.
- Oversees loading, unloading of cargo from ships and other forms of transit
- Perform sampling of cargo for quality analysis, as per applicable protocols
- Recording and reporting results of the measurement activities to determine accurate load/ discharge quantities.
- Ensure all operations are covered in an efficient manner
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues, clients and third parties regarding operations
Skills and Qualifications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal, teamworking and time management skills
- Be computer literate in use of Microsoft packages
- Being able to plan efficiently and also change plans on a short notice
- Degree in a food or agricultural discipline or as a minimum have successfully completed a higher education course in a related discipline
- Ability to travel extensively
- Be able to perform often physically demanding outdoor work
- Knowledgeable of the following standards and protocols:
- FGIS Protocols / GAFTA Protocols – Grain Grading practices
- FOSFA protocols
- International standards for sampling / inspection of bulk cargoes
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of agricultural/biomass cargo surveying or related industry or alternatively shipping or a relevant science qualification and keen to learn.
Control Union is a leading global organization providing inspections, certifications and testing. Control Union operates across several sectors, from food, energy, forestry to
With a presence in more than 70 countries, Control Union is uniquely placed to manage challenges with today's global marketplace.
How to apply
Please provide a CV, Covering Letter (outlining your suitability for the role) to
All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the UK before starting employment