Control Union UK has an excellent opportunity for an Agricultural Advisor to join our sustainability team in the United Kingdom and support agricultural supply chains in developing more sustainable practices.
The focus of the role will be on sustainable agriculture with areas of interest including reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and modelling of impact of farm operations.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop supply chain sustainability strategies
- Collect, verify, analyse and present data.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews and workshops.
- Develop proposals with the responsible account managers and technical staff
- Assist in developing further sustainable supply chains and agriculture offerings
- Support the team in business development
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Genuine interest in sustainable agriculture
- Knowledge of sustainability issues in the agri-food sector and understanding of practices on farms
- Knowledge of challenges facing the UK (and global) agriculture sector
- Knowledge of agricultural production (crops or livestock) and their supply chains
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences and in a range of formats
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proactive approach to finding solutions
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Degree in a relevant field such as international development, land economy, agronomy, or undergraduate degree plus minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- 3+ years technical experience within the agricultural sectors, preferably within a farming environment and in a multi-geographies context
- Experience in designing capacity building programmes and implementing field projects
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a proactive approach to finding solutions
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Control Union is a leading global organization providing certifications, testing, auditing and total quality assurance. Control Union operates across several sectors, from the agri-food, energy, forestry to consumer products.
With a presence in more than 70 countries, Control Union is uniquely placed to manage challenges with today's global marketplace.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a CV, Covering Letter (outlining your suitability for the role) to email@example.com .
All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the UK before starting employment.